This is my first Destin Duchess brain dump! I used to write them from time to time over at Duchess of Fork. I have a zillion things going on in my life right now and not much time to tackle all the blog posts in my mind, so I figured a rambling brain dump type post was the most logical move. 😉
1. We’re moving next week. Thursday to be exact. As much as I’ve tried to avoid it, it’s happening. For those of you who don’t know, my husband is a builder so we build and move a lot. This is our sixth house (in 8 years of marriage) and it’s the first one I will be truly sad to leave. I love our house, love our neighborhood, love our neighbors. But it’s just a house. We’re building again on a new lot, but we’ll be renting in the meantime (for about a year). It never gets easier or less stressful, but it’s how we roll.
2. Also related to our house- I had a water color painting made for Jason’s birthday and I’m so happy with how it turned out! I thought it would be fun to have a gallery of homes that we’ve lived in…who knows how big the gallery will be in 30 more years. 😉 I found the artist on Etsy and she was fantastic! PinkCottageStudio is the name and she was very affordable for such lovely work.
3. Julia lost her first tooth! She’d been wiggling it for MONTHS and she finally lost it at school. The nurse gave her a little treasure box to keep it in until she got home and she was beaming from ear to ear when she got off the bus. The tooth fairy left her $5!
4. We attempted to take all 3 kids to the beach a few weeks ago. It took me an hour to pack all the gear and food we’d need and then we only stayed 45 minutes. I cannot stand the beach with babies. Sand in the eyes, mouth, everywhere. Julia and Mac are at a great age for the beach but Miles is still a handful. Three cheers for the pool!
5. I’ve recently discovered this whole movement of caring for curly hair called the Curly Girl Method. Essentially, they suggest you go without shampoo to give curls ultimate moisture. So you ditch the shampoo and co-wash (wash scalp with conditioner) and style hair with sulfate-free and silicone-free products. I swear I could have a PhD after all the research I’ve done on it, but after this move, I’m going for it! Ladies get amazing results from this regimen. Here is my before picture so we can compare…
6. Julia wrote a book about sea creatures and fish at school the other day. She wrote “There is a thing called sea cucumber.” Or at least I think that’s what she was going for. 😉
7. On a similar note, Mac has taken an interest in writing and spelling! I’m so proud of my big boy. At least he’s trying, right??
8. THIS BREAKFAST IS MY LIFE. Sprouted grain toast, mashed avocado, salsa (Sunset Salsa is the best ever and is based in Florida) and an egg. Scrambled, fried, boiled…it doesn’t matter. I have some variation of this about 4 days a week.
OK that’s all I’ve got. Back to packing!